A Feminist Survival Guide to Seattle
When: Friday, March 6th, 8PM-10PM; Saturday, March 7th, 11AM-8PM
Where: (Friday) Hollow Earth Radio, 2018 E Union St # A; (Saturday) Rainier Valley Cultural Center, 3515 South Alaska Street
Cost: FREE (donations welcome); register here
The Women Who Rock (WWR) Community will celebrate their 5th anniversary with the 2015 WWR unConference, an event where they strive to create a space for women to participate together in discussing ways for Rocking Media Justice. The 2015 WWR unConference will feature a moderated roundtable dedicated to solidarity among organizers, roundtable discussions with the community, a skills-share space, where attendees can float from booth to booth, collecting different methods for rocking media justice, a cypher, and a community-created altar.
* March 6th (Friday) – 8pm-10pm
KICK OFF PARTY
@ Hollow Earth Radio
(More information about Kick-Off Party – https://www.facebook.com/events/435685439911926/)
11:00am-1:00pm 2nd Annual International Women’s Day Musical Brigade March & Rally
Route – Rainver Avenue S. & S. Dawson Street to Columbia Park/Rainer Valley Cultural Center parking lot -(un)conference venue
12pm-8pm- Rainier Valley Cultural Center
* Roundtable Discussion “Women Rocking Media Justice”
* Skill Swap Bazaar & community dialogues
* Report Backs & showing off from Skills Swaps
* 5th Anniversary CAKE & Cypher
* Community Altar/Ofrenda Building Throughout the day
n. pl., wom-en – a social constructed category that includes but is not limited to women-identified, trans*gender, cisgender women, and other formations of genderqueer & womyn.
n., v., rock – Rock is a verb, more than a genre, as in “rocking the mic” and as in, “come rock with us as we honor women who rock and change history.”
“March” with WWR using the following hashtags! Take over the airwaves! Take your power, voice, and body back! Please listen and comment online.
* PHYSICAL – wheelchair accessible
* INTERPRETATION – ASL information forthcoming.
* BRAVER SPACE – no drama, but healing trauma space – oppressive behavior will be ‘called in’ and lets practice consent y’all. Let’s practice safety ideas.
* RESPECT GENDERS – this is a space to celebrate women and gender empowerment though all are welcome. So respect people’s gender pronouns and don’t assume people’s gender, race, class or otherwise. At the same time, notice the space you are taking up and make room for those most marginalized
* ALL AGES
* SCENT & CHEMICAL FREE – Please come scent free and chemical free, if you have questions about why and how, please contact WWR.
* More information on Scent-free and chemical-free: http://www.peggymunson.com/mcs/fragrancefree.html